Ethical leadership and its role in organizational integrity to reduce the nutrients of administrative corruption
An Applied Study on a Sample of Najaf Governorate Departments
Keywords:Ethical Leadership, Organizational Integrity, Administrative Corruption
The ethical leadership is considered as one of the most vital practices , leadership styles and as an aspects of appropriate behavior to build organizational social relationships between the human capital in organization and its outside , and characterized their relationship by two-way , between the superior and subordinate from one way and between them and the society on the other hand, in order to focus on strengthen relations processes and the appropriate decision making in accordance with the behaviors of ethical leadership Which focuses in its philosophy on credibility, trust and justice in the distribution of decision-making among individuals, and the most important thing that individuals need is to encourage ethical values that limit the behavior of perverse action or negative behavior, and whenever the leadership does ethically, they may led to achieve organizational integrity, which emphasizes its philosophy to avoid negative behaviors or illegal and adhere by the behavior rules and ethical discipline that would limit from the behavior of deviant corruption or rooted in the organizations. Organizational integrity it deliberated as the most significant aspects of the development of organizations in the third millennium, which focuses socially on the forces of work and highlight the positive side of the Organization activities and educating and training of individuals on such those kind of actions, taking into consideration its impact on the external environment and adherence to ethical standards and principles that they have a mental acceptance. Therefore, it can be said that through ethical leadership and organizational integrity, organizations can reduce the spread of administrative corruption and eliminate its nutrients and incubators by fostering a culture of ethical leadership and working with the principles of organizational integrity within the wholly organization. Hence, the current study focused on the three key variables. The independent variable is the ethical leadership, according to the model of (Sajefert et al..2016), with its dimension which includes (Justice, ethical principles, orientation towards individuals, separation between authorities, classification and anxiety bearing), while the mediator variable is the organizational integrity which were applied based on the model of (Moon & Hamition: 2013), which its sub-dimensions consists of (critical task, supervision, focus on the process, focus on efficiency, human resource, trust, learning and improvement, change management). However, the dependent variable of our study is nutrients of administrative corruption including the dimensions, which have been obtained from the preliminary study of a number of experts and academics, as identified as more than twenty dimensions and then the following dimensions, which have been got the agreement between most of the experts, are (mortal routine, job Infiltration during work, career lazing, partisan interest, multiple control points, lack Importance in specialization, carelessness, lack of commitment, lack of knowledge of the profession ethics, Competencies and incompetence Conflict, the lack of strict laws and regulations, linking salary to productivity). Questionnaires were designed and which have been pre-tested for data collection and measurements were developed using a random sampling method. The questionnaires were distributed for the sample of 70 employees in three important departments in Najaf Governorate (Tax Department, State Real Estate Department and Registration Department) to be a part of the current study. Numerical statistical methods were applied, including mean, standard deviation, percent weight, C.V, and simple and multiple linear regressions using SMART PLS program. The results showed a positive correlation among the three variables in varying proportions. Based on the results of the current study, a number of recommendations were suggested to strengthen the importance of ethical leadership in achieving organizational integrity as well as to reduce the spread of administrative corruption and eliminate its nutrients and incubators in other organizations.
1. حربي, احلام عامر، (2015) "التسرب الوظيفي أسبابه وأثاره وسبل التعامل معه من وجهة نظر العاملين", رسالة ماجستير مقدمة إلى جامعة نايف للعلوم الأمنية.
2. خليف، سلطان احمد، (2012)،"البدانة التنظيمية وأثرها في التصحر الوظيفي دراسة استطلاعية لآراء عينة من العاملين في المعهد التقني الموصل.
3. راضي، جواد محسن وحسين ,عبد الله كاظم، (2015)، " العلاقة بين السلوك الأخلاقي والالتزام التنظيمي" ، مجلة الغري جامعة الكوفة، كلية الإدارة والاقتصاد.
4. الذبحاوي، عامر عبد كريم،(2012)، " الذكاء الأخلاقي ودوره في دعم سمعة المنظمة" ، دراسة تحليلية لأراء عينة من القيادات الجامعية وأعضاء الهيئة التدريسية في جامعة الكوفة، رسالة ماجستير منشورة، جامعة الكوفة، كلية الإدارة والاقتصاد.
5. عبيد ,زينب محمد,(2016) ," القيم الاخلاقية في المؤسسات الصحية واثرها في تحقيق النزاهة التنظيمية" دراسة تحليلية لأراء عينة من البعاملين في مستشفى الصدر التعليمي النجف الاشرف ,رسالة دبلوم عالي في ادارة المستشفيات ,كلية الادارة والاقتصاد , جامعة الكوفة .
6. غالي ,حسين ,(2015 )" الدور التفاعلي للنزاهة التنظيمية في تعزيز تأثير سلوكيات القيادة الاصيلة في تنمية الموارد البشرية الاستراتيجية ,"دراسة استكشافية تحليلية لاراء عينة من القادة والتابعين في المشاريع الاستثمارية والخدمية التابعة للعتبة الحسينية المقدسة , اطروحة دكتوراه غير منشورة مقدمة الى مجلس كلية الادارة والاقتصاد ,جامعة كربلاء
ثانياً: المصادر الأجنبية:
1. Aminu N.,Brimah & Ibrahim A.,Bolaji & Owolabi H.,Ibikunle,(2013) , "Corruption In Social Administration: A Barricade To Citizens Welfare And Nigeria's Development ",Kuwait Chapter Of Arabian Journal Of Business And Management Review Vol. 2, No.12.
2. Asorwoe,Elvis,(2014),"Can E-Government Mitigate Administrative Corruption ? An Empirical Study Into The Potential Role Of E-Government In Eradicating Administrative Corruption In Sub-Saharan Africa",Global Journal Of Interdisciplinary Social Sciences (Published By :Global Institute For Research & Education),G.J.I.S.S.,Vol.3(4):41-47.
3. Brown (2005) "Corporate Integrity Rethinking Organizational Ethics And Leadership"1s Ed Cambridge University Press,New York.
4. Brown,Michael E. & Mitchell,Marie S.,(2010),"Ethical And Unethical Leadership: Exploring New Avenues For Euture Research",Business Ethics Quarterly 20:4 (October 2010); ISSN 1052-150X.
5. Ekaningtias,Diah,(2016),"Effect Of Commitment, Ethical Leadership And Attitude Towards The Performance Of Regional Work Unit In East Java Provincial Government",Human Resource Management Research 2016, 6(2): 40-44.
6. Esmaili,Mahdi & Seraji,Reza & Rashid,Ali Asghar & Bayanloo , Zohre , (2013) ,"The Impact Of Administrative Corruption On HR Productivity (Case Study: Qom University)",Advanced Research In Economic And Management Sciences (AREMS) Vol.11.
7. Fox,Ellen & Crigger,Bette-Jane & Bottrell,Melissa & Bauck,Paul , (2016), "Ethical Leadership Fostering an Ethical Environment & Culture",This document and other Integrated Ethics materials are available online through the website of the National Center for Ethics in Health Care, Others should access the site via the Internet at www.ethics.va.gov/Integrated Ethics.
8. Golestanipour,Morteza,(2016),"Simple And Multiple Relationships Between Ethical Leadership,Transformational Leadership And Ethical Climate And Organizational Spirituality Among The Employees Of The Iran National Steel Industrial Group", Review Of European Studies; Vol. 8, No. 2.
9. Kacmar,K. Michele & Tillman,C. Justice & Harris,Kenneth J. & Whitman,Marilyn V.,(2016),"Perceptions Of Ethical Leadership As A Mediator Of The Relationship Between Abusive Supervision And Work Behaviors",Copyright © 2016 Institute Of Behavioral And Applied Management. All Rights Reserved.
10. Kayes ,C, Stirling ,D, Nielsen ,T,(2007) "Building Organizational Integrity " Business Horizon .
11. Khademfar, Mohammad & Amiri, Seddigheh Arab,(2013),"The Relationship Between Ethical Leadership And Organizational Performance (Small Review On Malaysian Studies)",International Journal Of Business And Social Science Vol. 4 No. 1.
12. Knights,John,(2015),"Transpersonal Leadership Series: White Paper One How to Develop Ethical Leaders",www.routledge.com
13. Lawton,Alan & Pa´Ez,Iliana,(2015),"Developing A Framework For Ethical Leadership",Article In Journal Of Business Ethics,DOI: 10.1007/S10551-014-2244-2.
14. Moon ,G.& Hamilton ,W(2013) "Developing An Organizational Integrity Framework For Nuclear Safety" Cogntech Work,15.
15. Rendtoroff. J.(2011) " Corporate Citizenship As Organizational Integrity " Studies In Economic Ethics And Philosophy .
16. Sajfert, Dragana & Nikolić, Milan & Ćoćkalo, Dragan & Đorđević, Dejan & Lazić, Jelena,(2016)," The Leadership and Ethical Leadership in the Serbian Metal Industry",Original Scientific PaperIndustrija, Vol.44, No.1
17. Santoro ,M (2003) "Beyond Codes Of Conduct And Monitoring ;An Organizational Integrity Approach To Global Practices .Human Rights ,Vol 25 ,No 2
18. Silverman ,H.(2000) "Organizational Ethics Healthcare Organizations : Proactively Managing Ethical Climate To Insure Organizational Integrity" HEC Form 12.
19. Taboli,H.R & Darooneh M,Samie'e & Ehsani A,(2013) , "Administrative Corruption: Why And How?",International Journal Of Advanced Studies In Humanities And Social Science,Volume 1, Issue 12.